Monday, June 9, 2014

Big Rocks

The summer is a time for renewal and rethinking how I can make next school year even better than the last.  Right now my head is swimming with all the ideas I have from several professional developments I was able to attend the past few months: 2 Sisters (Daily 5 and CAFE), ASCD Understanding by Design, Leader in Me Symposium, RenWeb Training, and 7 Habits Signature Training.  My BIG ROCKS for the summer are: 
  • Map Math for the year using the problem solving model
  • Map Language Arts for the year using the Daily 5 and CAFE model
  • Update our skills based report card using RenWeb


Kathryn Warner has developed a really amazing model for math problem solving.  A break down of her method and sample lessons can be found on her blog, KindergartenKindergarten.  I am going to test my theory that all of the CCSS for kindergarten math can be taught through problem solving.






To keep that conversation going about the Daily 5 and CAFE in kindergarten, pick up the linky book study on the new Second Edition of the Daily 5 at Sharing Kindergarten.


No comments:

Post a Comment